TNACS Call for Nominations
The Tennessee Chapter of the American College of Surgeons is seeking nominations for five open positions on the Board of Directors.
The positions include Vice-President (from Middle TN), Secretary-Treasurer, and one At Large Board Member each from the three Grand Divisions in the State (West, Middle, and East). To serve, a candidate must be a member of the American College of Surgeons and the TN Chapter in good standing.
- fulfilling the duties of the office as outlined in the TNACS Bylaws
- attending one face-to-face Board meeting per year which is held each July / August in conjunction with the Annual Meeting and conference calls which are held periodically throughout the year as needed,
- providing input and feedback on activities and initiatives of the Chapter,
- assisting in program development and outreach to the specific membership represented by the position,
- attending and participating in the Chapter Advocacy Day and the Annual Meeting,
- responding appropriately to all Calls to Action sent by the Chapter and the ACS.
In return, representatives have the opportunity to interact with surgical leaders in the state, develop leadership experience, and represent the organization in advocacy and public relations. The term of service for At Large Board Members is 3 years. The term for Vice-President is one year; successful candidates for Vice-President may transition to President-Elect and President. The term for Secretary-Treasurer is two years; successful candidates for Secretary-Treasurer may transition to Vice-President, President-Elect, and President. Self-nominations are requested to ensure that the candidate has agreed to the position.
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a brief letter of interest and description of qualifications to the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2023. Up to two supporting letters may accompany the nomination but are not required. Nominations of colleagues will also be accepted.
We hope you will join us as we aim to represent all TN surgeons and improve surgical care in our state.
Sent on behalf of the TNACS Nominating Committee:
Max Langham, MD, FACS, Chair
Trey Eubanks, MD, FACS
Ken Sharp, MD, FACS
Brian Daley, MD, FACS
Elizabeth Jackson, MD, FACS