TN Chapter, ACS – Call for Abstracts is Now Open for 2019 Annual Meeting
The Program Committee of the Tennessee Chapter, American College of Surgeons (TNACS) is accepting abstracts for consideration for the resident paper competitions being held during the 2019 TNACS Annual Meeting, August 9-11, The Westin, Chattanooga, TN.
Don’t miss this opportunity to share your work, participate in a great program, and network with other residents and practicing surgeons from across the State.
The deadline is Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 11:59 pm Central Time.
You will be notified by email if your abstract is selected for inclusion in the resident paper competition the week of April 22.
- All residents and research trainees enrolled in general surgery or surgical specialty residency training or fellows-in-training programs in Tennessee.
- Medical students enrolled in a medical school in Tennessee – with an interest in surgery.
- The entry should represent original work done by the authors.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to be present on August 9-11, 2019 in Chattanooga, TN if his/her abstract is accepted.
- Submit abstract using the online submission form by April 10, 2019 at 11:59 pm CT
- Online submissions only.
- Upload graph or charts as directed on the abstract submission form.
When you enter your abstract, you will be asked to complete these sections:
- Abstracts: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
- Case Reports: Introduction/Objective, Case Presentation, Discussion and Conclusion
- Timothy Fabian Trauma Paper Competition – Only submissions directly related to trauma surgery will be considered. Submissions related to acute care surgery and/or emergency general surgery should be submitted in the Leonard Hines / Calvin Morgan Basic Science / Clinical Science Paper Competition. Only resident and fellows-in-training submissions are eligible to advance to the COT Region IV competition.
- Phillip Burns Cancer Paper Competition – The topic must be specific to oncology. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation at the Tennessee Chapter Annual Meeting, August 9-11, Chattanooga, TN.
- Leonard Hines / Calvin Morgan Basic Science / Clinical Science Paper Competition – The topics may include general or specialty surgery. Submissions not selected for podium presentation may receive an invitation to display a poster presentation at the Tennessee Chapter Annual Meeting, August 9-11, Chattanooga, TN.