Call for Nominations – Associate Member for TNACS Board of Directors
The Tennessee Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (TNACS) is seeking self-nominations for an Associate Member to serve on the TNACS Board of Directors.
To serve, a candidate must be an Associate member of the American College of Surgeons and the TN Chapter in good standing. Responsibilities include:
- attending one face-to-face Board meeting per year which is held each August in conjunction with the Annual Meeting and conference calls which are held periodically throughout the year as needed,
- providing input and feedback on activities and initiatives of the Chapter,
- assisting in program development and outreach to the specific membership represented by the position,
- attending and participating in the Chapter Advocacy Day and the Annual Meeting,
- responding appropriately to all Calls to Action sent by the Chapter and the ACS.
In return, representatives have the opportunity to interact with surgical leaders in the state, develop leadership experience, and represent the organization in advocacy and public relations. The term of service is for the duration of Associate Member status.
Self-nominations are requested to ensure the candidate has agreed to the position. Please submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a brief letter of interest to email@example.com by November 12, 2021. Up to two supporting letters may accompany the nomination but are not required.
We hope you will join us as we aim to represent all TN surgeons and improve surgical care in our state.