Call for Abstracts – 2020 TNACS Virtual Annual Meeting – August 8, 7am-10am CT
COVID-19 has changed everything, including the TN Chapter ACS Resident Paper Competition.
Here is what you need to know for the 2020 TNACS Resident Paper Competition:
The Timothy Fabian Trauma Paper Competition will be held in conjunction with the August 25, Trauma Care Advisory Council (TCAC) meeting.
There are two other categories for resident paper competitions
- Phillip Burns Cancer Paper Competition – The topic must be specific to oncology
- Leonard Hines / Calvin Morgan Basic Science / Clinical Science Paper Competition – The topics may include general or specialty surgery.
- Abstract submissions for the General Surgery/ Cancer paper competitions must be in the form of an MP4 file (voiced-over ppt converted to MP4 works fine) no more than 5 minutes in length.
- All submitted presentations will be posted in the TNACS Learning Library which is open to all dues-paying members.
- The Program Committee will review the submitted abstract presentations and select the top 2 in each category to be presented live during the TNACS Virtual Annual Meeting on August 8.
- The live presentations (8-10 minutes in length) will be judged by the Program Committee members; monetary awards will be given to first and second place winners in each category.
Don’t miss this opportunity to share your work, participate in a great program, and add this presentation to your CV.
The deadline is Wednesday, July 1, 11:59 pm Central Time.
You will be notified by email if your abstract is selected for inclusion in the live resident paper competition the week of July 12.
All residents and research trainees enrolled in general surgery or surgical specialty residency training or fellows-in-training programs in Tennessee.
Medical students enrolled in a medical school in Tennessee – with an interest in surgery (except for Trauma Paper Competition).
The entry should represent original work done by the authors.
Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the submitting author to present on August 8, if his/her abstract is accepted.
Submit recorded abstract presentation here by July 1, 2020, at 11:59 pm CT
Online submissions only.
Please include these sections in your presentations:
Abstracts: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
Case Reports: Introduction/Objective, Case Presentation, Discussion and Conclusion