Attention Young Fellows – Call for Nominations
The Tennessee Chapter, American College of Surgeons (TNACS) is seeking to appoint two Young Surgeons (YFA) to serve as co-Chairs of the TNACS YFA Committee and serve on the TNACS Executive Council. Nominations for these positions will be accepted from November 1 – December 1, 2018.
In addition to participating in TNACS Conference Calls and Meetings, the role of the YFA representatives will be to 1) serve on the TNACS Program Committee & Nominating Committee and 2) serve as liaison and support to a newly formed residents (RAS) committee. The two YFA representatives are at liberty to fulfill these responsibilities together or to divide them between themselves.
The Program Committee responsibilities include:
- Participating in conference calls of the PC (held late afternoon/early evening)
- Participating in establishing the program agenda for the 2019 Annual Meeting
- Online review of submitted abstracts
- Participation in identifying discussants as needed
- Promoting the 2019 Annual Meeting among colleagues
- Participating in identifying exhibitors and sponsors
The Nominating Committee responsibilities include:
- Participating in conference calls as established by the Nominating Committee Chair
- Assist in developing the TNACS slate of officers
The RAS Committee Liaison responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and support to the 5 resident representatives on the TNACS Executive Council in developing a RAS Committee within TNACS. The purpose of the RAS Committee is to develop and enhance RAS activities in TN both at the annual meeting and throughout the year. This is a brand new endeavor for the Chapter, so the participants will be creating something new for TNACS.
- The Chapter Administrator will provide administrative support to this Committee.
Interested YFAs should submit a letter of interest to the Chapter Administrator at email@example.com.
Deadline: December 1, 2018