The Tennessee Chapter, American College of Surgeons, serves as an advocate for patients and is the primary voice for surgeons in Tennessee. We urge you to take an active role with your Chapter leaders to:
- Work with the Tennessee Medical Association, the Tennessee Hospital Association, and other healthcare organizations in promoting legislation and regulations that support the ethical practice of surgery and quality patient care.
- Educate legislators and other policy makers about reimbursement issues, workforce issues, and problems with patient access; find your State legislators and their contact information here.
- Maintain relationships and dialogue with elected State and Federal officials to represent surgeons and surgical patients in TN.
- Monitor legislative activity at the State and National levels.
The American College of Surgeons has created a custom report to help you track legislation in the TN General Assembly related especially to surgery, cancer, healthcare and injury prevention.
American College of Surgeons National Advocacy Initiatives
See what advocacy efforts are being followed at the federal level by visiting the American College of Surgeons Advocacy and Health Policy Portal. http://www.facs.org/ahp/index.html
Learn more about the ACS political action committee here https://www.facs.org/advocacy/participate/acspa
What is TNSURG-PAC?
TNSURG-PAC is political action committee (PAC) that was formed to raise and spend money to elect candidates for the Tennessee General Assembly who share TNACS’s commitment to patient safety and access to quality surgical care and who are friendly to the practice of surgery.
Who can contribute to TNSURG-PAC?
Any person, business or corporation can contribute to TNSURG-PAC. So encourage your vendor and other business contacts to contribute to TNSURG-PAC as well.
Are there limits on contributions to TNSURG-PAC?
There is no limit on the amount of money that you can give to TNSURG-PAC nor is there a limit on the number of contributions. There are limits on the amount of contributions that TNSURG-PAC and individuals can give directly to candidates.
How will TNSURG-PAC help the practice of Surgery in Tennessee?
TNSURG-PAC is a political action committee that seeks to
- improve patient safety and access to quality surgical care,
- promote actions that promote the practice of surgery,
- support legislators who are friendly to the practice of surgery,
- elect more pro-surgeon candidates to the state legislature,
- retain current legislators who support Tennessee Surgeons and the patients they serve, and
- defeat those legislators who pose a threat to the practice of Surgery.
Please consider making a contribution to TNSURG-PAC! TNSURG-PAC promotes the election of state officials who support surgical patients and the Tennessee Surgeons who care for them.
Would you like to make a contribution to TNSURG-PAC, our state political action committee? TNSURG-PAC promotes the election of state officials that support patients served by Tennessee Surgeons.
Thank you for your support.
Pay Online by Credit Card
Determine your fee amount and select “Add to Cart”. These items will appear as charges from KnowledgeConnex on your credit card statement.
After you submit online payment, you will receive an e-mail receipt from KnowledgeConnex, TNAC’s online registration provider. You will receive an e-mail receipt from KnowledgeConnex after your order is submitted and your online registration will be complete.
Pay by Check
Determine your fee amount and select “Add to Cart”. Select “offline/mail” under payment options in the shopping cart. You will later see instructions to print the invoice page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex.
If you need a W-9, please email us.
Determine your contribution level and select “Add to Cart”. Then proceed to “View Cart/Checkout”.
Board of Medical Examiners Rules and Regulations
Rules for managing your practice
National Advocacy Initiatives at American College of Surgeons
Follow and support the activities of the College!
Socioeconomic tips; billing and coding guidelines; practice management courses
Tennessee General Assembly
Find your Senator or Representative
Monitor proposed legislation
Review listings of Committees and Committee schedules
What’s News at the College?
Check this page periodically to find recent additions to the American College of Surgeons website.