2022 Fellow Applications – Become a Fellow of the ACS
The Board of Directors of the Tennessee Chapter, American College of Surgeons (ACS) encourages you to take the next important step in your surgical career and apply to become a Fellow of the ACS (FACS). To apply for Fellowship, you must have:
- board certification by an American Surgical Specialty Board, which is a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties, or an American Osteopathic Surgical Specialty Board, or an appropriate specialty certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the respective state or province with no reportable action pending which could adversely affect the status of that licensure
- a minimum of one year in practice at one location and a current appointment on the surgical staff of a hospital
The deadline to apply for Fellowship in 2022 is: December 1, 2021.
The application is online, will prepopulate with your profile information once you’ve logged in, and is free – if your dues are paid. Click here.
We also encourage you to get involved with the Tennessee Chapter. Our chapter works closely with the ACS to offer:
- the opportunity to network with surgical peers locally (check out the Fireside Chats which will be offered frequently in 2022)
- participate in advocacy activities at the state and federal levels
- leadership roles
- attend educational meetings with CME opportunities; mark your calendar for the TNACS 2022 Annual Meeting on August 11-14, at the Renaissance Nashville.
If you have any questions about the benefits of Fellowship or our chapter, please do not hesitate to contact us.